Directors, Board Members and industry leaders from across Ontario joined the EDA at the Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport on June 1, 2017 for the third annual Directors Summit. As part of the EDA’s continuous education program, the Directors Summit, themed “Evolving Trends in Governance”, delegates were treated to in-depth and informative presentations on key issues such as Climate Change, Cyber Security, Enterprise Risk, Information Disclosure and Governance Best Practices. Well attended, the event was an opportunity to conduct important association business, hear from industry professionals and network with colleagues from across the sector.
Below are highlights from this year’s 2017 Directors Summit.
2017 Directors Summit Presenters
We are thankful to our 2017 Directors Summit presenters, who shared their valuable perspectives on the challenges and opportunities of the electricity distribution sector.
2017 Directors Summit Presentations
- Cyber Security and the Role of Directors in Cyber-Governance – Gary Bouchard, Partner, Bouchard & Associates; Chris Lincoln, Principal Consultant, Ontario Business Systems
- Climate Change Legal Applications – Richard King, Partner, Osler LLP
- Understand Enterprise Risk – Senior Partner, KPMG (Presentation Unavailable)
- Information Disclosure: What You Need to Know – Jody Johnson, Partner, Aird & Berlis LLP
- Governance Boot Camp – Fay Booker, Managing Partner, Booker & Associates (For a Copy of This presentation, please contact Christina Mash at email@example.com)